Vampires in video games have always been a favorite for many gamers.
We can define vampires as creatures from folklore that survive by feeding on a human being’s life essence, blood.
For example, in popular European folklore, vampires are resurrected creatures.
Vampires had the habit of visiting close friends and relatives.
According to folklore, vampires visit neighborhoods that they once lived in.
Then, they cause disturbances by killing those who had aggrieved them.
These bloated creatures had a dark complexion and wore shrouds.
However, today’s vampires are gaunt and pale in complexion.
The latter allegedly came into existence in the early nineteenth century.
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, vampire first appeared as an English word in 1734.
Also, before its appearance in the dictionary, they had already discussed the word and subject in German and French literature.
Are you aware that vampirism has existed thousands of years?
Ancient Mesopotamians, Romans, Hebrews, and Greeks told tales involving spirits and demons.
We believe modern vampires to have descended from these spirits and demons.
Interesting facts about vampires
1. Count Dracula is the most renowned vampire legend.
2. Countess Elizabeth Bathory is the most famous female vampire.
She used to maintain her own vitality by bathing in a young girl’s blood.
3. The truth is they exist; The reinforced theory is told by ancient Babylonians.
4. A vampire has no reflection.
Therefore, if a vampire stands before a mirror, there’ll be no reflection of it.
5. Vampir is derived from the vampire name, a Hungarian word.
6. Dracula is the most popular written work about vampires.
Bram Stoker did the work.
7. Lastly, when vampires gather in groups, they are referred to as a clan or cloven of vampires.
GamesRadar.com, The 10 best vampires in video games. Retrieved on 5/7/2018.
Kotaku.com, The Most Notable Vampires in Video Games. Retrieved on 5/7/2018.