The history of activision blizzard takes us back to Atari 2600 days.
Today, Activision Blizzard is one of the world’s largest video game publishers.
We know it for producing legendary video games for several gaming consoles, mobile gadgets, and computers.
The History of Activision Blizzard
Activision Blizzard is an American entertainment company with its headquarters in Santa Monica, California.
First, we knew the company as Activision.
It was formed in 1979 and is known for developing several video games for the Atari 2600.
For several years, Activision has been evolving in different ways.
As it expanded, Activision merged with several companies leading to a massive expansion.
However, the most significant change for the company happened in 2008 when the company merged with Vivendi Games.
The merger was important because Vivendi Games owned a studio known as Blizzard Entertainment.
After the merger of the two companies, both changed their names to Activision Blizzard.
However, Vivendi Games was the main shareholder, with a stake of 52 percent.
They divide the company into several units that include Blizzard Entertainment, Activision, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard studios, and Major League gaming.
After the Activision Blizzard Merger
• Activision–develops, distributes and also circulates immersive interactive-entertainment for video game consoles, PC’s tablets and mobile devices.
This includes bestseller franchises such as “Destiny” and “Call of Duty”.
• Blizzard Entertainment–also develops, distributes and circulates several iconic entertainment experiences that include “Starcraft”, “Diablo”, “Warcraft”, “Heroes of the Storm”, “Hearthstone”, and many others.
• King Digital Entertainment–is tasked in creating leading interactive-entertainment for the mobile world.
Since there are over two hundred fun titles, King Digital Entertainment franchises include “Candy Crush”, “Bubble Witch”, “Per-Rescue” and “Farm Heroes”.
• Major League Gaming–creates new strategy platforms for Activision Blizzard to deliver the best player experiences across all the platforms, games and geographies.
• Activision Blizzard Studios–creates original films and television content based on their unique library of iconic media.
At the moment, there are many popular video games that the company has released.
Some of them include Call of Duty, Destiny, and World of Warcraft.
In 2015, Activision Blizzard joined the S&P 500 stock market.
Since that year, the stock price of the company has risen dramatically.
Things about the history of Activision Blizzard you don’t know
Destiny is one of Activision Blizzard new franchises.
They report that Activision Blizzard invested more than a billion dollars to design and develop it.
Happily, destiny made over 500 million dollars on the day of its release.
Guitar Hero III is Activation’s 1st video game to reach a gigantic milestone.
Some reports claimed that Guitar Hero III is the third-largest game after the Madden series and Mario.
Activision Blizzard has already sold over 300 million Sky-landers toys.
Activision Blizzard is among the first independent video game software developers.
Some of its first games included “River Raid”, “Kaboom”, and “Pitfall”.
Activision owns an e-Sport organization.
It bought Major League Gaming for around 46 million dollars.
Today, Activision Blizzard owns around 18 game studios.
Some studios owned include Raven Software, Infinity Ward, Toys for Bobs, and Sierra.
Activision Blizzard is one of the most successful interactive-entertainment companies.
As of 2017, it was the largest video game company in the United States and Europe.
Last Updated on August 22, 2020 by Tony